What We Do :
We offers a wide range of services to our members as mentioned below.
- Policy formulation, representation at national and international forums, arbitration etc.
- We offer network opportunities to our members with other players in the industry both locally and internationally.Such opportunities includes introduction to cfs owners, warehouse operators, transporters, roro dealers, and over seas clients .
- Organize seminars and workshops where members are enlightened on a myriad of issues that affect the industry and business information on trade arrangements under various trade governing bodies/blocks such as EAC, AGOA,COMESA,WTO amongst others.
- Representation to the government on various issues of concern such as Infrastructure, Energy, Telecommunication, Illicit Trade, Counterfeit and Unfriendly regulations.
- Assistance to members to engage in strategic Corporate Social Responsibility through the application of the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact.
- To promote and protect the legitimate and ethical business practices as undertaken by all Cargo handling Agents / operators whether Freight forwarding, Warehouse operations, ship agency and such other trades that directly or indirectly affect or influence the well being of the cargo supply chain industry
- To collect, collate and circulate amongst its members information and statistics relating to or affecting the business interests of the members.
- To represent and advocate the views and policies of the Association to Governments, other authorities, associations and organizations.
- To initiate, promote, support or approve legislative and other measures affecting or likely to affect the interests of the Association.
- To amalgamate, affiliate or co-ordinate with any other organizations or subscribe to or become a member of any organizations which would be appropriate and in the interests of the Association.
- To promote and encourage consultations and close cooperation in business relations in the industry between and amongst members.
- To promote the adoption of uniform documents and standard terms , tariffs and conditions of services provided by members.
- To enforce the Code of Conduct of the Association among its members.